Reports to: V.P. Compliance/Security
Supervises: Deputy BSA / Security Officer
Status: Full-time Exempt
Level: Level 4
Backup to the V.P. Compliance/Security. Assist with the protection of bank employees, customers' assets and property through the development and administration of the Bank protection program. Train and indoctrinate Bank employees concerning protection measures and other training programs. Oversee/supervise Deputy BSA/Security Officer position.
- Bachelor's degree or five or more years' prior related job experience in a financial institution.
- Strong general banking experience to include banking regulations, specifically BSA, Security and Compliance regulations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Thorough understanding of federal and state agency security requirements
- Thorough understanding of Bank policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of the functions of the Bank's core and teller system
- Strong supervisory and communication skills
- Ability to analyze collected data within the Bank's automated AML system and issue management reports
- Willing to travel, possibly out of state for training/conferences
Specific Job Functions:
- Administer Bank protection program.
- Review of all cash transactions, $2500.00 and over.
- Verify completion of all CTRs.
- Research suspicious activity for completion of SAR reports.
- Maintain an up to date and effective BSA/AML Policy and BSA/AML Risk Matrix.
- Oversee the daily functions of the BSA/AML Program including:
- The CIP program for accurate collection of CDD/EDD information
- The new account opening process for proper risk rating
- The ongoing monitoring of higher risk customers
- The SAR reporting process
- The annual validation of the automated AML system
- All functions performed by the Deputy BSA/Security Officer
- Track and review branch cash, sales and purchases.
- Review monthly logs of all large currency transactions along with exempt customers.
- Yearly determination of eligible persons for the exempt list.
- Research and complete 314A requests.
- Set up and track personnel training on BSA procedures.
- Knowledgeable in security procedures and BSA procedures.
- Research fraud items.
- Research wire transfer logs for fraud activity.
- Managerial duties to include: improvement plans and reviews, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations. Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
- Monitor monthly high risk customers for suspicious activity.
- Monitor all business customers with an on site ATM for suspicious activity.
- Conduct semi-annual GLBA audits.
- Conduct annual Branch cash audits, and assist with other Security functions.
- Review Monthly Branch Security Reports.
- Assist the V.P. Compliance/Security with monitoring programs that ensure the financial institution's compliance with laws, regulations and rules governing operations and product offerings.
- Assist Law Enforcement as needed, with respect to robberies and cases of fraudulent activity.
- Assist the V.P. Compliance/Security Officer, on internal and external customers with all security related items as needed.