Commercial Banker II
Department: Commercial Lending
Reports to: Senior Commercial Banker / Commercial Loan Department Manager
Level: Level 4
Location(s): Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Business development (New loan origination), Oversee individual loan portfolio, and assess commercial credit risk.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field.
- Five to seven years of experience as a commercial lender.
- The ability to develop and administer up to $30mm portfolio.
- Knowledge of commercial lending policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of lending services and related areas.
- Good managerial, communication and sales skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Analyzes the credit history of applicants and determines their loan repayment capabilities.
- Negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
- Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent with financial institution policies and procedures, and to be competitive with current market rates.
- Evaluates potential and existing customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management.
- Reviews new laws and regulations that influence business lending within SIS and makes recommendations to management when necessary.
- Develops new customer prospects and business for the financial institution.
- Make policy and procedures recommendations as needed.
- Community involvement to promote bank products and services i.e.: Rotary, Kiwanis or other Civic groups.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.