Customer Service Representative/Teller II
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 6
Location(s): York, Maine
Performs customer services, such as cash receipt and payment services, opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customers with queries concerning financial institution services. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program.
- Two or more years experience within the CSR/Teller position and/or sales experience, particularly in cross-marketing products and services.
- Excellent sales, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of financial products and services.
- Above average computer and keyboard skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals, pays out money after verification of identity, signatures and customer balances
- Cross sell SIS Bank products and services to contribute to overall branch goals
- Issues traveler's cheques, money orders and treasurer's checks
- Balances cash drawer and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet
- Direct incoming phone calls and answer questions as appropriate
- Provides a complete range of customer services at SIS, including opening new accounts, explaining available products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts
- Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed
- Services U.S. Savings Bonds and security transactions, establishes retirement accounts, and makes arrangements for direct deposits
- Follows policies and procedures related to retail areas
- Attend monthly New Accounts meetings
Due to this being a "split" position, applicants must be flexible, organized and above all else, a "TEAM PLAYER".
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.