Customer Service Representative I
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 4
Performs customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customers with queries concerning financial institution services. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides, and recognizes selling and referral opportunities.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program.
- One or more years of experience in the teller function, as well as sales experience, particularly in cross- marketing products and services.
- Excellent sales, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of financial products and services.
- Above average computer and keyboard skills.
- Good organizational skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Direct incoming phone calls and answer questions as appropriate
- Provides a complete range of customer services at SIS, including opening new accounts, explaining available products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts
- Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed
- Establishes retirement accounts, and makes arrangements for direct deposits
- Follows policies and procedures related to retail areas
- Attend monthly New Accounts meetings
- Cross sell SIS deposit products and services
- Review New Account Reports on a daily basis
- Assist other departments as needed
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.