Frontline Manager – Portsmouth Branch
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 1
Location(s): Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Ensures that bank policies and procedures are followed that that teller personnel are aware of proper operating procedures. Oversees proof and balance of Head Teller Balance Sheet and overall proof of Bank. Oversees teller activities, records of vault, teller station cash balances, and cash vault limits. May perform normal teller duties on a daily basis as well as providing support to management in regards to teller training, compliance with procedures and policies, assisting tellers and branch sales development. Oversees branch and staff in the absence of Assistant Branch Manager and Market Manager as needed. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides, and recognizes selling and referral opportunities.
- Three or more years of experience in teller supervision and teller operations
- Minimum of two years prior experience in the Head Teller position
- Certified Teller Status
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Cross-trained as CSR
- Excellent proof, balance, and customer relations skills.
- Knowledge of all background jobs, including ATM and products offered.
- Must be an organized, detailed “Team Player” and flexible
- Ability to train new tellers in all aspects of the teller position.
Specific Job Functions:
- Supervises tellers
- Rotating manager for Saturday work schedule
- Provides on-the-job training for tellers on an as-needed basis. Monitors tellers to ensure compliance with procedures and policies. Issues written and oral instructions on teller operations as necessary.
- Conducts regular staff and sales meetings to review problems, policies, procedures and updates of teller activities within the bank, as well as promote bank products and services.
- Conducts bank-wide Head Teller meetings
- Assists tellers in locating cash discrepancies, manages unusual window transactions, and answers difficult customer questions.
- Assist managers with mid-year and annual reviews
- Assist in monthly security log report
- Ensures all monthly and quarterly branch audits are completed.
- Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential
- Reports on teller activities to management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, H360, iAcquire, and Connections to be able to prepare bank-wide reports as needed.
- Cross-sell Bank’s products and services.
- Oversees vault cash, verifying amounts received, disbursed, and other negotiable instrument inventories.
- Receive and disburse cash to tellers.
- Prepare daily proof of the Bank.
- Unlimited Check Signing authority on treasurer’s checks
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.