Head Teller I
Department: Branch Administration
Reports to: Frontline Manager / Assistant Branch Manager
Level: Level 6
Responsible for proof and balance of Branch. Oversees teller activities, maintains records of vault and teller station cash balances, and oversees currency accounts. Performs normal teller duties on a daily basis as well as providing support to management in regards to teller training, compliance with procedures and policies, assisting tellers and answering questions on all services the financial institution provides, as well as recognizing selling and referral opportunities. Ability to oversee branch in the absence of Branch Supervisor/Management.
- Two or more years of job-related experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Excellent proof, balance, and customer relations skills.
- Knowledge of all background jobs and responsibilities.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to train new tellers in all aspects of the teller position.
- Certified Teller Status required.
Specific Job Functions:
- Supervises teller-line activities.
- Performs normal teller duties on a daily basis.
- Provides on-the-job training for tellers on an as-needed basis. Monitors tellers to ensure compliance with procedures and policies. Issues written and oral instructions on teller operations as necessary.
- Must maintain high level of product knowledge in order to cross sell bank products and services.
- Assists tellers in locating cash discrepancies, manages unusual window transactions, and answers difficult customer questions.
- Ensures all teller stations are adequately stocked and ready for subsequent shifts at changeover or closing.
- Cross sells SIS Bank products and services to contribute to overall branch goals.
- Assist branch management as needed.
- Monitor and order vault cash.
- Receive and disburse cash to tellers.
- Limited Check Signing Authority
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.