Information Technology Technician
Department: Information Systems
Reports to: Director of IT
Level: Level 3
Location: Sanford (Main Branch)
Primary technical position responsible for the proper operation, maintenance and support of SIS' information services back-office equipment and systems. Works heavily with approved vendors to ensure the processing equipment is in daily working condition. Responsible for all PCs, Servers, Laptops and related equipment service and support activities
- Proven experience as IT Technician and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification as IT Technician Comp TIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional.
- Ability to work flexible schedules.
- Working knowledge of operating and support systems.
- Working knowledge of PBX phone systems.
- Working knowledge of operational systems and environment.
- Working knowledge of data backup and disaster-recovery technologies.
- Experience in PC maintenance and repair.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
Specific Job Functions:
- Ensures the Bank's Information Security data processing and reporting systems are in daily working condition.
- Ensures the technology services procedures manual is updated on a regular basis as needed.
- Ensures installed equipment is properly maintained and supported.
- Responsible for documenting any network or PC-related functions.
- Responsible for ensuring all technology services duties are performed in compliance with internal procedures.
- Submits detailed plans, solutions and budgets to Information Systems management for the execution of a successful operations and data processing support system.
- Works with approved outside vendors to maintain the Bank's operational equipment, systems and environments.
- Works with other Information Systems personnel in designing, implementing and supporting an effective system access and security environment.
- Able to read Helpdesk tickets and follow through to repair.
- Develops and implements an approved operational data backup plan designed to protect and limit the Bank's exposure to data loss or disaster.
- Maintains awareness of new technologies and determines the best course of action to obtain strategic advantage without subjecting the bank to any undue risk.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Provides necessary training to SIS personnel on operational and support topics.
- Responsible for computer setups and installation.
- Responsible for maintaining system and server updates and patches.
- Understand and be familiar with the Bank's website. (www.banksis.com)
- Monitor web server health and update content management accordingly.
- Assists in installing packaged software systems and applications.
- Member of the BCP Team as an alternate to the IT Team Leader.
- Install new cabling for phone or data as required.
- Diagnoses and assists in the resolution of needed PC repairs.
- Maintaining a good knowledge base of Microsoft products.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.