Mortgage Consultant - Portsmouth Branch
Department: Retail Lending
Reports to: Senior Retail Banker
Status: Non-Exempt (Salary plus commission position)
Location(s): Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Originates a variety of consumer residential loans in accordance with established policies and procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements. Provides exceptional responsiveness and lending knowledge. Actively promotes the Bank with real estate brokers, builders and other centers of influence to increase referrals and build strong networks.
- Minimum of three years of residential lending and sales experience.
- Knowledge of lending and underwriting policies and procedures, including guidelines issued by FNMA, MSHA, VA, Rural Development and other investors.
- Strong sales, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to interact easily with others and displays strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Specific Job Functions:
- Proactively uncovers residential loan opportunities through relationships with brokers, builders, or other centers of influence.
- Receives residential loan referrals from assigned branches and others; follows up with results of referrals.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with centers of influence and internal referral sources.
- May take correspondent loan applications with oversight by the Correspondent Mortgage Loan Officer.
- Participates in various associations or events to build relationships with brokers, builders and other centers of influence.
- Submits accurate and complete loan files with all appropriate supporting documentation in conformance with the Bank’s policies and procedures, and with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Uses the applicable technology to accurately enter loan applications and manage the loan file from origination to closing.
- Maintains contact with borrowers, brokers and others involved with a loan application at least weekly or more often as needed.
- Works closely with assigned Processor managing loan pipeline to ensure loan closing commitments are met.
- Cross-sells or refers additional lending, deposit or investment products when appropriate.
- Attends residential mortgage closings.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.