Retail Mortgage Banker
Department: Residential Lending/Mortgage Lending
Reports to: Senior Retail Lender/Manager
Level: Level 6
Originates residential mortgage and consumer loans. Promotes Sanford Institution for Savings and its lending services to the real estate community and helps to identify and serve the community’s financial needs by participating in and promoting the Bank’s community activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or minimum of two years prior lending experience.
- One to two years experience in a financial institution or loan office setting.
- Good sales, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with customers and real estate agents about the Bank’s loan programs and policies.
- Ability to read and comprehend training materials, Bank communications and related loan manuals.
- Ability to learn and follow banking policies regarding the lending process.
- Familiarity with basic office equipment.
- Must maintain accurate records for actual hours worked.
Specific Job Functions:
- Solicits first mortgages loans. Inform prospective loan clients of the Bank's underwriting guidelines and applicable government regulations.
- Personally interviews loan applicants and compiles complete mortgage application package for submission to Underwriting.
- Completes each loan application and all pre-processing functions in a timely manner to permit the appropriate disclosures to be mailed within the time frame required by compliance.
- Screens loans requested bases on Bank policies and products offered by SIS.
- Personally answers incoming phone calls and schedules appointments.
- Communicates complex approvals or denials to borrowers while representing the Bank's position on the decisioning.
- Satisfies all conditions of approval prior to loan closing.
- Actively participates in local business and community activities and maintains close contact with local builders, real estate brokers and agents, customers and prospects.
- Demonstrate the Bank's Core Values with words and actions.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.