Senior Commercial Banker / Commercial Loan Dept. Manager
Department: Commercial Lending
Reports to: EVP – Cheif Operations Officer
Supervises: Commercial Lending Staff
Status: Exempt - VP
Level: Level 5
Location: Sanford (Main Branch)
Business development (New loan origination), Oversee individual loan portfolio, and assess commercial credit risk. Oversees the management and direction of Commercial Lending Officers, CLA Department and the Commercial Portfolio Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field.
- Ten-plus years of experience as a commercial lender.
- The ability to develop and administer a personal loan portfolio of up to $75mm.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of commercial lending policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of lending services and related areas.
- Excellent managerial, communication, sales and negotiation skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Analyzes the credit history of applicants and determines their loan repayment capabilities.
- Negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
- Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent with financial institution policies and procedures, and to be competitive with current market rates.
- Evaluates potential and existing customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management and/or loan committee.
- Reviews new laws and regulations that influence business lending within SIS Bank and makes recommendations to management when necessary.
- Develops new customer prospects and business.
- Make policy and procedures recommendations as needed.
- Exercises the usual authority of manager concerning performance improvement plans and reveiws, promotions, salary recommedations, and terminations. Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
- Involvment in the community to provide maximum opportunity to provide bank products and services.
- Supports goals of the bank while working within policy objectives.
- Resolves conflicts as needed.
- Accountable for team's success.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.