Branch Administrator, SVP – Main Office
Department: Senior Management
Reports to: EVP – Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Branch Management Staff / Support Staff / Cash Management
Level: Level 6
Location(s): Sanford, Maine
Administers staffing and business development for the entire branch network. Directs the activities of the Deposit Operations area of the Bank as well as the Commercial Deposit Officer. Primary emphasis is meeting or exceeding deposit, loan and sales goals of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or six to eight years of related experience.
- Ten or more years management experience in a banking environment
- Related job experience to include: Branch Management, Residential Lending, Consumer and Commercial lending, Deposit Operations and Business Development
- Strong leadership and human resources skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent sales and development skills.
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal), employee development and public relations.
- A self-starter willing to take the initiative, establish goals and coach branch office staff toward achieving these goals.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manage, develop and direct staff. This includes all branch activities including Lending, Customer Service and Teller Operations.
- Community involvement to promote bank products i.e.: Rotary, Kiwanis or other Civic Groups.
- Excellent customer relations skills in order to sell and cross sell bank deposit and loan products to ensure that SIS deposit and Loan goals will be met.
- Establishes and helps to attain internal performance objectives for branch office business volume, deposits, loan portfolios and quality of audit reports.
- Participates in and encourages lending activities directly.
- Participates with Marketing Department on creating branch promotions
- Directs SIS personnel in activities to ensure employees deliver excellent customer service by adhering to our Customer Care Commitments.
- Establishes priorities, efficiently allocates and manages time and resources.
- Gathers sufficient data for decision making and demonstrates sound judgement in making recommendations and takes action in a timely manner.
- Conducts monthly branch meetings with the market managers.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Provides and maintains a professional, business-like atmosphere within the branch office.
- Managerial duties to include: improvement plans, performance reviews, salary/promotion recommendations, and terminations. Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
- Represents SIS in public relations activities and community affairs.
- Direct the activities of the Deposit Operations department to include deposit account processing, servicing of existing relationships, document retention, and customer service activities.
- Ensure efficient and timely processes are maintained to effectively service the banks deposit accounts.
- Establish periodic banking system monitoring activities in order to maintain accurate deposit accounting records.
- Ensure appropriate management of the FIS system including handling enhancement activities, disseminating system notifications, and staying abreast of system related changes/activities.
- Coordinate management of current electronic banking activities and recommend enhancements to those offerings or implementation of new services in order to maintain our status as a market leader in electronic banking offerings.
- Directs the activities of the Commercial Deposit Officer in an effort to increase his/her business development efforts.
- Aligns his/her activities with the deposit goals of the bank and sets individual goals for personal new business generation on an annual basis.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.