Commercial Deposit Services
SIS has a wide array of business services available, allowing you to devote your time to operating your business and making business banking easy and affordable. So after you have received that business loan commitment, we encourage you to contact our Cash Management and Treasury Services specialist, Chris MacDonnell to discuss all your commercial service needs.
For more information on our Commercial Deposit Services,
contact Chris MacDonnell today.
VP – Cash Management/Treasury Services
Telephone: (207) 608-4382
For businesspeople on the go, having one less errand can make all the difference. SIS has the business services that can make your life easier.
Re$ubmitIt® Check Recovery Service
SIS is here to help you with all of your business needs, including one of your biggest headaches — returned checks. SIS’s electronic check recovery service, Re$ubmitIt significantly reduces the burden of collecting funds from NSF checks, while potentially doubling your recovery rate. You collect more returned checks and get 100% of the face value of all checks that are collected electronically!
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
The Re$ubmitIt electronic check recovery service handles the collection process discreetly and electronically from beginning to end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for re-presentment directly to the check writer’s bank account.
- Returned checks are sent from SIS to Re$ubmitIt, where eligible checks are converted into electronic items for re-presentment to the check writer’s bank account for collection.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation. Presenting checks at proven “smart dates” improves the chance of collection.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (third total). If this third presentment fails, the check can be sent to Re$ubmitIt’s no additional fee secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer’s account is charged a state-regulated collection fee to cover the cost of collection.
To be Eligible for Electronic Recovery, a Returned Check Must:
- Be a personal check to a business (not business-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
What Happens to Ineligible Checks?
Returned items that are less than $2,500 and ineligible for electronic re-presentment are re-submitted to the check writer’s account as a paper draft, subject to eligibility requirements. Items greater than $2,500 are returned to the business. If you have questions about Re$ubmitIt's electronic check recovery service, call 1-866-860-5906.
Online Cash Management with ACH Origination
SIS online Cash Management provides your employees with the newest technology and tools to access specified accounts, transfer funds, originate ACH files or wire transfers, and pay bills. Find out how easy it is to pay and collect from vendors, have rental payments or other scheduled payments automatically deposited into your account.
- Establish user rights to accounts you want your employee to view
- View accounts and review printed checks online
- Originate payroll direct deposit files
- Upload ACH files created by your program or create ACH files using SIS online software (VIP token needed to authorize proof of identity for ACH files and wire transfers)
- Initiate wire transfers
Click here to download the Cash Management user guide (pdf)
Our 24-hour telephone banking service allows you to make transfers between accounts, make loan payments, obtain up to the minute information about all your business accounts, anytime, anywhere toll-free. Best of all, by dialing 1-888-GOTOSIS (1-888-468-6747) or 207-490-5199, within our local calling area, our Phone Banking service is absolutely free.
SIS is a member of the S.T.A.M.P. program, which stands for Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Program. S.T.A.M.P. has been the signature guarantee industry standard for a decade. The securities processing industry relies on S.T.A.M.P. to guard against fraudulent endorsements and unauthorized transaction. So if you need your signature guaranteed contact us or call us toll-free @ 1-888-BankSIS (1-888-226-5747) for our nearest branch with signature guarantee service.
Night Depository Service
SIS night depository service with individual locking bags is available at all of our conveniently located offices. Our night deposit service is provided to you at no cost and is a safe and secure way of getting your business deposits to us after normal banking hours.
Merchant Credit Card Program
In today’s competitive market place, it’s virtually impossible to be in business without accepting credit and debit cards. With cash purchases becoming rare and the risk of accepting checks rising, the preferred payment method for goods and services is through the growing use of credit and debit cards. Let our commercial services professionals help you set up a sound merchant card program that provides you with competitive discount rates, state of the art equipment for electronic processing and expedited funds availability.
SIS Business Visa® Credit Card
With our Visa Platinum credit card you get hometown convenience, worldwide acceptance, great benefits and much more. Increase your purchasing power – click here to learn more about the benefits and how to apply.
Business Combined Statements
If your business requires several separate accounts, SIS offers you the convenience of combining more than one account with your monthly business statement so you can review/reconcile all business transactions at the same time.
Remote Deposit Capture
Remote deposit uses a small desktop scanner that connects to your PC and the Internet. With it, you can scan the checks you receive from your customers and make deposits electronically.
Save Time and Money
- Fewer trips to the bank – reduced fuel cost or courier fees
- Make deposits anytime, 24/7
- Reduce photocopying and filing tasks
- Consolidate funds from multiple locations into ONE bank
- Improve funds availability
Reduce Risk of Deposit Errors
- Reduce the risk of check fraud and theft
- Bank deposit preparation is streamlined and more accurate
- Check amounts are automatically captured as documents are scanned
- Electronic deposits eliminate “missing” or “lost” items, and associated crediting delays
Easy to Use
Let’s get started. We can get you set up and ready to begin making deposits in no time with our easy Windows interface and simple point-and-click instructions. For more information on Remote Deposit Capture, contact SIS Bank's Cash Management and Treasury Services specialist, Chris MacDonnell today at email@example.com or (207) 608-4382.